Caitlin. 21. Illinois.
About Me Caitlin Liveblogs Books You Should Read
Writer. Book Lover. College Student.
I'm trying really hard to make this sound interesting.
What’s your favorite nail polish brand?
Besides the major ones. Like if it’s OPI or Sally Hansen or ORLY or Zoya I already know about those. I want to discover some new ones to pee myself over.
Alternately, what’s your favorite nail polish color? Like, if you could only wear one nail polish color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
It would be silly of me to not get 4 new nail polishes……right?
No but seriously guys, this sale only lasts for another hour. You can buy up to 4 nail polishes and get 2 free, which is EXCELLENT, and you don’t even have to pay extra for shipping the 2 free ones!
The code is BOGO4, enter it right before you check out at Zoya.com.
It’s legit, I promise. Here’s the link: http://zoyanailpolish.blogspot.com/2011/10/zoya-nail-polish-bogo-time.html
Go quickly! Buy nail polish! Hurray for spending money on things to make myself feel better because I’m going insane!
Too bad I just painted my nails with Valerie by Zoya last night -_-.
Oh well! I’m planning on repainting my nails tomorrow night, so I’ll probably throw some black on and then put 2010 over it.
I put one coat on over Valerie and it has a cool effect, but you really have to look close to see it. Over the plum base it has an orangeish look, which surprisingly looks pretty sweet, even though I normally hate almost any combination of orange and purpley colors.
Once I find my camera cord I’ll put some pictures up of my past two manicures, some pictures of Valerie (SO GORGEOUS), and of course some good 2010 pictures.
Maybe tomorrow I’ll go get a new top coat.
NAIL POLISH IS THE BEST
I’ve been using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, but I was really disappointed at how dull it looked when I used it over my new Zoya nail polish (Ibiza, to be exact, which is this gorgeous deep blue color with subtle shimmers in it. When I put the top coat on, the shimmers almost entirely disappeared).
I’ve heard that a lot of people swear by Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat, but I’ve also heard so many reports of shrinkage that it doesn’t sound worth it.
I don’t really mind if the top coat is fast drying or not, mostly what I’m looking for is shine.
So what are your opinions? Seche Vite? OPI? Another Sally Hansen product? Something else entirely?
Let me know! I would greatly appreciate it :)
Promo code: SWEEP2
free shipping, folks! On anything! I got 3 bottles (Blair, Ibiza, Valerie) for just $24! Which sounds like a ridiculous amount for nail polish (and it is) but this is professional grade nail polish (Salons use it!), so it’s worth it!
Also it stops me from biting my nails.
Double worth it!
NEWS OF THE DAY:
- I’m less sick! Hurray! Except I’m coughing a bunch but whatevs, it’s more annoying than anything else.
- Tumblr blackout didn’t really do anything (gee, shocker. Although it was fun to force myself to not go on Tumblr. And by fun I mean really stupid because I had no idea how much of a habit Tumblr has become for me. Urgh. But I did it!)
- I didn’t really accomplish any of the writing that I was going to force myself to do today. I got up to 9,971 words, but I literally only wrote 59 of those words today. I am a slacker.
- We got a new washer/dryer! Except they’re not installed yet because it’s all complicated and yeah. But they’re really nice, especially compared to our old washer and dryer, both of which were probably close to my age (and also had started to emit a horrible burning smell every time we used them, hence why we got new ones)
- I finally caved and bought some Zoya nail polish. I bought Valerie (ELISSEEEE! I GOT ITTTT! When it comes we should have a nail painting day. OO MAYBE THAT COULD BE A FRIDAY FUNDAY), Blair, and Ibiza, which are all really gorgeous darker colors, perfect for fall. :D
- I GOT FREE SHIPPING ON SAID ZOYA NAIL POLISH (when it asks for a promo code on the Zoya website when you’re viewing your shopping bag or whatever, type in SWEEP2. Free shipping babyyy :) )
- I started reading Tad William’s Shadowmarch, which I insist on reading as “Shadowmark” even though you’re probably supposed to pronounce the “ch” sound. I am currently completely confused about everything ever in that book and I’m only 45 pages in. We’ll see how it goes.
- I have to go to work in 4 minutes…So I’m going to go.